The seed to patient journey
- The specific species of herb is selected
- Standardised cultivation and harvesting occurs (helping to ensure a consistent phytochemical profile) - followed by harvesting, drying and processing
- A series of strict controls are applied to the manufacturing processes - including everything from solvents and extraction methods through to packaging, storage and transportation of the final product - helping to ensure that every single product is consistent (we refer to this as “batch to batch consistency”)
- Research and clinical studies are conducted on the finished product to validate its tolerability and efficacy
How it works
Researchers are still investigating exactly how Bacopa monnieri supports cognition and learning. The herb’s properties are thought to be multiple and complex. 1,2,3,4 The available scientific evidence indicates that Bacopa monnieri is an effective and well tolerated herbal nootropic (a cognitive aid) with benefits for memory attention and learning retention.
Also, due to its possible neuroprotective and antioxidant properties, Bacopa monnieri extract CDRI 08 may play a role in helping to both benefit and protect certain cognitive functions. Some research indicates that Bacopa monnieri extract CDRI 08 can have a calming effect - meaning it can potentially be useful at times when your mental performance and mental clarity are compromised by feelings of stress and anxiety.5
Key studies on CDRI08
KeenMind contains the specific CDRI 08 extract which has more than 40 years of research supporting its benefits*, conducted by the Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI) in India.
KeenMind was first researched in 1974 and is still the subject of ongoing research.
Results from clinical trials have suggested that CDRI 08 may:
- Help maintain healthy cognitive function
- Support mental clarity
- Help improve working memory
- Assist in learning retention
- Assist with focus / keeping to tasks
- Be beneficial during times of stress /mild anxiety
Most recently, studies have been conducted at The Centre for Human Psychopharmacology at Swinburne University in Australia.5,6 In this research, CDRI 08 was linked to a positive effect on learning retention, memory and attention measures - with one double blind, placebo-controlled trial of 46 healthy adults finding that the extract significantly improved speed of visual information processing, learning rate and memory consolidation. The results also revealed that CDRI 08 can be beneficial when you’re feeling stressed or mildly anxious. This study also showed short-term effects on stress and mood by decreasing anxiety after taking CDR1 08.
Another trial conducted by the same research team showed that CDRI 08 decreased forgetfulness in 76 healthy mature adults after 90 days of treatment.6